Top Page > Browsing
OpenMX build failed in AMD 7950x Ubuntu 22.04 with linking AMD aocl-gcc
Date: 2023/11/05 13:30
Name: chrinide

Dear OpenMX developer and users,

I have tried to compile OpenMX in a AMD 7950x/Ubuntu 22.04 system, I have followed below makefile setup as suggested by Naoya Yamaguchi:

'''
CC  = mpicc -Ofast -ffast-math -march=znver4 -mfma -fomit-frame-pointer -fopenmp -fcommon -I${AOCL_ROOT}/include
FC  = mpif90 -Ofast -ffast-math -march=znver4 -mfma -fomit-frame-pointer -fopenmp -fallow-argument-mismatch
LIB = -L${AOCL_ROOT}/lib -lscalapack -lflame -lblis-mt -lfftw3_mpi -lfftw3_omp -lfftw3 -lmpi_mpifh -lgomp -lgfortran -lpthread -ldl
LIBM= -L${AOCL_ROOT}/lib -lamdlibm -lm
'''

The OpenMPI version is 5.0.0 and the gcc/g++/gfortran version 13.2.0, AMD aocl-gcc version 4.1.0

The compiling was running smoothly until the final linking/generation of openmx binary, which shows the error:

'''
lex.o elpa2_compute_real.o elpa2_compute_complex.o elpa_solve_evp_real_2stage_double_impl.o elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.o  -L/opt/aocl/gcc/lib -lscalapack -lflame -lblis-mt -lfftw3_mpi -lfftw3_omp -lfftw3 -lmpi_mpifh -lgomp -lgfortran -lpthread -ldl -L/opt/aocl/gcc/lib -lamdlibm -lm -o openmx
/usr/bin/ld: Set_Vpot.o: in function `Set_Vpot':
Set_Vpot.c:(.text+0xe04): undefined reference to `Set_XC_NL1_Grid'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
'''

Any kind of feedback and comment are welcome.

Chrinide
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: OpenMX build failed in AMD 7950x Ubuntu 22.04 with linking AMD aocl-gcc ( No.1 )
Date: 2023/11/05 14:24
Name: Naoya Yamaguchi

Hi,

Please refer to https://www.openmx-square.org/forum/patio.cgi?mode=view&no=2908 .

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ

Page: [1]

Thread Title (must) Move the thread to the top
Your Name (must)
E-Mail (must)
URL
Password (used in modification of the submitted text)
Comment (must)

Save Cookie