This thread is locked.Only browsing is available.
Top Page > Browsing
Error of test calculation and automatic running test
Date: 2020/10/06 13:11
Name: Hase Tsubasa   <hase@cp.prec.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp>

Dear developer

I am trying to set up OpenMX ,but I face a problem now.
I set 3 parameters CC, FC, and LIB in openmx3.9/source/makefile according the system and was able to compile and install OpenMX.
I moved to the directory 'work' and performed the program 'openmx' using an input file 'Methane.dat' which could be found in the directory 'work' as follows:
[hase@smith2 work]$ mpirun -np 1 openmx Methane.dat > met.std &

However, the error occurred as follows:
[hase@smith2 work]$ mpirun -np 1 openmx Methane.dat > met.std &
[1] 28475
[hase@smith2 work]$ [proxy:0:0@smith2] HYD_spawn (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/libhydra/spawn/intel/hydra_spawn.c:128): execvp error on file openmx (No such file or directory)

I also ran OpenMX to check whether most functionalities of OpenMX have been successfully installed on your computer or not as follows:

[hase@smith2 work]$ mpirun -np 8 openmx -runtest

However, the error occurred as follows

[hase@smith2 work]$ mpirun -np 8 openmx -runtest
[proxy:0:0@smith2] HYD_spawn (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/libhydra/spawn/intel/hydra_spawn.c:128): execvp error on file openmx (No such file or directory)
[proxy:0:0@smith2] HYD_spawn (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/libhydra/spawn/intel/hydra_spawn.c:128): execvp error on file openmx (No such file or directory)
[mpiexec@smith2] wait_proxies_to_terminate (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/mpiexec/intel/i_mpiexec.c:531): downstream from host smith2 was killed by signal 9 (Killed)
[mpiexec@smith2] main (../../../../../src/pm/i_hydra/mpiexec/mpiexec.c:2096): assert (exitcodes != NULL) failed

Could you tell me what these errors mean and how I improve them?

Best Regards
Hase
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: Error of test calculation and automatic running test ( No.1 )
Date: 2020/10/06 13:39
Name: Naoya Yamaguchi

Hi,

The error says "(No such file or directory)" and it means the binary file of "openmx" cannot be found by your system.
So, please check if there is the executable file of "openmx".
For example, after moving to "work",
$ ls openmx
And if it is found, please also try the following.
$ mpirun -np 1 ./openmx Methane.dat > met.std &
If the above is accepted, you may set the environment variable of PATH.

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ

Page: [1]