This thread is locked.Only browsing is available.
Top Page > Browsing
Question about vector unity cell in Au(1 1 1) surface
Date: 2014/04/11 06:15
Name: Leone   <leoqmc@gmail.com>

Dear colleagues,

I am new User's openmx. Help me please.

I am interested in Electron transport properties through benzene molecules disubstituted with π-accepting cyanide and isocyanide anchor groups at their para positions. I'm actually trying to reproduce the results of this work: J. Phys. Chem. C 2012, 116, 20607−20616. In this case the molecule is located between two surfaces of gold (Au (1 1 1)). The work mentioned provides the coordinates of the junction electrode-molecule-electrode. How do I determine the unit cell vectors(<Atoms.UnitVectors ??? Atoms.UnitVectors>) to perform the first step of the calculation of transport in openMX?

thanks for any help.

Leone
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: Question about vector unity cell in Au(1 1 1) surface ( No.1 )
Date: 2014/04/12 01:26
Name: Leone  <leoqmc@gmail.com>

Gentlemen, I apologize for the very basic question. The "Automatic determination of the cell size" option solves my problem?

Thanks in advance.
メンテ
Re: Question about vector unity cell in Au(1 1 1) surface ( No.2 )
Date: 2014/04/14 16:07
Name: T. Ozaki

Hi,

> Gentlemen, I apologize for the very basic question. The "Automatic determination of the
> cell size" option solves my problem?

No, it dose not work.
I hope that you carefully read the manual and the corresponding paper which tell you how
the structure of model can be prepared. In your case, the central part should include
a part of lead as

-[Au-B-Au]-

Then, you can consider the structure of lead so that the lead can be semi-infinite as
....-Au-Au-Au-[Au-B-Au]-Au-Au-Au-.....

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

TO
メンテ
Re: Question about vector unity cell in Au(1 1 1) surface ( No.3 )
Date: 2014/04/24 00:01
Name: Leone  <leoqmc@gmail.com>

Dear T. Ozaki,

I really appreciate your help. Congratulations for the excellent work.

Regards,

Leone
メンテ
Re: Question about vector unity cell in Au(1 1 1) surface ( No.4 )
Date: 2014/05/07 11:54
Name: Umar   <umarfarooqphysics@gmail.com>

Dear T. Ozaki,
I have a similar question I am working on the two denominational system (layered systems), as i know in the case of SIESTA or others we have to do as you told to Leone. But In the openmx case the central region C0 automatically extends to C taking some part of leads L0 and R0.
Is not it enough in layered systems, if we are studying the layered system AA-B-AA to use only B=C0 as central , AA left, or AA right, as i know openmx will make it A-[A-B-A]-A, [A-B-A] will be the extended central regon C, A=L1 and A=R1 ...
or layerd system will must be like as u told to
Au-[Au-B-Au]-Au

Regards

Umar
メンテ
Re: Question about vector unity cell in Au(1 1 1) surface ( No.5 )
Date: 2014/05/12 22:17
Name: Artem  <artem.pulkin@epfl.ch>

Umar,

Technically it is enough to have B as scattering region and A as leads. But usually it is NOT enough for the reason of self-consistency since the charge density may have significant perturbations far from the scattering region. Therefore it is better to have [ABA] or [AABAA] (and so on) for the scattering region.

Artem
メンテ

Page: [1]