This thread is locked.Only browsing is available.
Top Page > Browsing
Why not a mailing list ?
Date: 2007/05/01 02:03
Name: Hai-Ping Lan

Dear Professor :

I donot think the forum is a good way to communicate with each other and solve problems.. In this forum , i found most problems are replied by you, it is not an effective way . There should be more than one persons farmilar with OpenMX, of coz ,you are the one person.
As many packages already going on , a mailing list would be a more effective way than
the forum ,since almost people are used to read mail everyday.

Regards,

H.P
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: Why not a mailing list ? ( No.1 )
Date: 2007/05/02 18:49
Name: T.Ozaki

Hi,

As you suggested, the mailing list is an effective way to communicate frequently.
However, often the same kind of questions tend to be posted as questioned before,
and they bother other users and developers. Since the current forum seems to work
properly for communications, and it is easy to browse the previously posted Q&A,
I think that it would be better to keep this style.

Regards,

TO
メンテ
Re: Why not a mailing list ? ( No.2 )
Date: 2007/05/02 21:02
Name: Vasilii Artyukhov

I think that it would be nice to keep the forum, but supplement it with something like an RSS or Atom channel so that everyone can get alerted about new messages.
メンテ
Re: Why not a mailing list ? ( No.3 )
Date: 2007/06/09 18:31
Name: Ondrej Certik

I would prefer the mailinglist, because this forum has a non-standard interface, so why not to use something that is wide-spread and standard and people are used to it? For example the google groups - you can search the archive and post into it from the web interface, the same way as here, but in my opinion, the google interface is much better than this forum. Here is an example how it works for my project:

http://groups.google.com/group/sympy

And also you can use your email, because google groups are a regular mailinglist. So for people, that don't want to be bothered, they just read and post into the mailinglist from the web, and for people, that prefer to be informed of all messages, can use it as a normal mailinglist.
メンテ
Re: Why not a mailing list ? ( No.4 )
Date: 2007/06/09 18:36
Name: Ondrej Certik

And I forgot to add - you don't need to register in order to post into the mailinglist or read the archives. You need to register to post over the web interface though - you need to have the google account (but you can use your email address, not gmail), but it's very easy to do so and most people already have it.
メンテ

Page: [1]