This thread is locked.Only browsing is available.
Top Page > Browsing
coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win Oper?
Date: 2006/11/27 18:35
Name: Mr.Cong   <cong_khtn@yahoo.com.vn>

dear!
I've downloaded OpenMX3.1, but I can't find out setuped file?
thanks very much
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win O ( No.1 )
Date: 2006/11/29 04:51
Name: Xinyuan

I am sure OpenMX is a linux based software. I don't think it can be run on Windows directly.
メンテ
Re: coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win Oper? ( No.2 )
Date: 2006/11/29 09:50
Name: Hai-Ping Lan

hi, openmx could be compiled under win environment if you are familar with C/C++ compilation. But we always compiled it under linux/unix
メンテ
Re: coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win Oper? ( No.3 )
Date: 2006/12/01 03:15
Name: Vasilii Artyukhov

Hi,

You can always complie OpenMX under cygwin, it is a "Linux-for-Windows" environment that has all the required Linux functionality. You have to download cygwin, then download the fftw3 and clapack libraries, then make them, and then make OpenMX, exactly like you would do under Linux. It's not very hard but it'll take some time. You should get an .exe file that you can run from the DOS shell or a batch file, and some .dll's that the program will need.
メンテ
Re: coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win Oper? ( No.4 )
Date: 2006/12/05 00:50
Name: Mr.Cong  <cong_khtn@yahoo.com.vn>

thanks for your reply!
I setuped Cygwin. I've never used Linux and also compiled under Linux Oper. who can tell me to compile a file? I'm still vague about Linux as well as OpenMX software. It is not popular in Vietnam, therefor I don't know how to started.
メンテ
Re: coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win O ( No.5 )
Date: 2006/12/05 12:05
Name: Xinyuan Zhang

Then I am sure you need to google some materials to learn Linux first. You can also find some atomistic softwares in windows, like Accelrys. But it would be much slower than OpenMX
メンテ
Re: coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win Oper? ( No.6 )
Date: 2006/12/05 23:53
Name: Vasilii Artyukhov

Well, I think I could send you a ready .exe file (OpenMX 2.3), but only if Dr. Ozaki gives the permission for that. Of course, it would be much better for you to learn at least the basics of BASH, then install the CLAPACK library, then FFTW, and then, OpenMX. The READMEs are quite sufficient. By the time you've compiled CLAPACK you'll be already more or less familiar with the process. You could also try compiling B-BOP first, as it is simpler. Of course, the best option would be to have a Linux-familiar person show you how everything is done.
メンテ
Re: coud you show me how to setup OnpenMX in Win O ( No.7 )
Date: 2006/12/06 05:15
Name: alex

This code is GPL licensed, you don't need to ask for permissions.
メンテ

Page: [1]