This thread is locked.Only browsing is available.
Top Page > Browsing
Type mismatch error at line 985 while installing 'makefile' of openmx3.8 with Kali linux terminal
Date: 2022/09/19 22:45
Name: MD NILOY KHAN   <khanniloy534@gmail.com>

The exact error message is given bellow:

Error: Type mismatch between actual argument at (1) and actual argument at (2) (REAL(8)/COMPLEX(8)).
make: *** [makefile:985: elpa1.o] Error 1

CC,FC,LIB are defined as follows:

CC= mpicc -fopenmp -O3
FC= mpif90 -fopenmp -O3
LIB= -lscalapack-openmpi -llapack -lblas -lfftw3 -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openmpi/lib/ -lmpi -lmpi_mpifh -lgfortran

Note:Since my machine has GNU compilers & MKL lib, I had changed compiler & LIB specifications according to the installation pdf provided by openmx3.9. But then I got separator missing error.

FFTROOT=/usr/local/fftw3
LBSROOT=/opt/intel/mkl
CC=mpicc -O3 -fopenmp -I/$(FFTROOT)/include -I/$(LBSROOT)/include
FC=mpif90 -O3 -I/$(LBSROOT)/include
LIB=-L/$(FFTROOT)/lib -lfftw3 -L/$(LBSROOT)/lib/intel64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lpthread -lgfortran

%%%
Another query: why does 'sudo apt-get install openmx" give 'openmx' no installation package message??
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: Type mismatch error at line 985 while installing 'makefile' of openmx3.9 with Kali linux terminal ( No.1 )
Date: 2022/09/19 20:22
Name: Naoya Yamaguchi

Hi,

To avoid it, you can add "-fallow-argument-mismatch" to "FC", and then the error changes a warning.
You may refer to http://www.openmx-square.org/forum/patio.cgi?mode=view&no=2704 .

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ
Re: Type mismatch error at line 985 while installing 'makefile' of openmx3.9 with Kali linux terminal ( No.2 )
Date: 2022/09/20 01:14
Name: MD NILOY KHAN  <khanniloy534@gmail.com>

Dear Naoya yamaguchi
Thank you very much for your response.
Now, the type mismatch error is fixed. When I run 'sudo make' on kali terminal to install openmx3.8, I get new kind of error.
The compiler & LIB specifications are as follows:

CC = mpicc -O3 -fopenmp -ffast-math
FC = mpif90 -O3 -fopenmp -ffast-math -fallow-argument-mismatch
LIB=-llapack -lblas -lfftw3 -lmpi -lmpi_mpifh -lgfortran

Here is error message:

/usr/bin/ld: openmx_common.o:(.bss+0x43c98): multiple definition of `atv'; openmx.o:(.bss+0x449f8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: exx_rhox.o:/home/niloy/Downloads/openmx3.8/source/openmx_common.h:117: multiple definition of `MPI_COMM_WORLD1'; openmx.o:(.bss+0x44be0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: exx_rhox.o:/home/niloy/Downloads/openmx3.8/source/openmx_common.h:116: multiple definition of `mpi_comm_level1'; openmx.o:(.bss+0x44be8): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: exx_rhox.o:/home/niloy/Downloads/openmx3.8/source/openmx_common.h:66: multiple definition of `Temp_MD_iter'; openmx.o:(.bss+0x44bf0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:254: openmx] Error 1

What is the possible solution?

Best Regards
Niloy
メンテ
Re: Type mismatch error at line 985 while installing 'makefile' of openmx3.8 with Kali linux terminal ( No.3 )
Date: 2022/09/20 12:51

Dear Niloy,

Then, you can add "-fcommon" to "CC".

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ
Re: Type mismatch error at line 985 while installing 'makefile' of openmx3.8 with Kali linux terminal ( No.4 )
Date: 2022/09/20 16:03
Name: MD NILOY KHAN  <khanniloy534@gmail.com>

Thank you, Naoya Yamaguchi.

I have installed openmx3.8 perfectly in my machine. However, with the same CC,FC & LIB specifications openmx3.9 installation gives rise to the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: /home/niloy/Downloads/openmx3.9/source/Cluster_DFT_Optical_ScaLAPACK.c:551: undefined reference to `Cblacs_barrier'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/niloy/Downloads/openmx3.9/source/Cluster_DFT_Optical_ScaLAPACK.c:552: undefined reference to `pdgemm_'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/niloy/Downloads/openmx3.9/source/Cluster_DFT_Optical_ScaLAPACK.c:590: undefined reference to `pdgemm_'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/niloy/Downloads/openmx3.9/source/Cluster_DFT_Optical_ScaLAPACK.c:591: undefined reference to `Cblacs_barrier'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:179: openmx] Error 1
メンテ
Re: Type mismatch error at line 985 while installing 'makefile' of openmx3.8 with Kali linux terminal ( No.5 )
Date: 2022/09/20 16:37

Dear Niloy,

How about adding `-lscalapack-openmpi` to `LIB` as you suggested in the first post in this thread?

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ

Page: [1]