This thread is locked.Only browsing is available.
Top Page > Browsing
OpenMx 3.9 installation issue
Date: 2021/12/20 21:36
Name: Gilad Gani   <giladg@campus.technion.ac.il>

Hello,

I am trying to install OpenMX 3.9 on ubuntu 18.04 on WSL. I am using intel MKL via intel oneAPI Base Toolki, and GCC as a compiler.

the makefile parameters are as follows:

\MKLROOT = /opt/intel/oneapi/mkl/2021.4.0/
CC = mpiicc -O3 -xHOST -ip -no-prec-div -qopenmp -I${MKLROOT}/include -I${MKLROOT}/include/fftw
FC = mpiifort -O3 -xHOST -ip -no-prec-div -qopenmp
LIB= -L${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 -lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lifcore -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl

when trying to execute make all, I have the following error:

/opt/intel/oneapi/mpi/2021.4.0//bin/mpiicc: 1: eval: icc: not found
makefile:187: recipe for target 'openmx' failed
make: *** [openmx] Error 127

what could be the issue?

Thank you in advance,
Gilad
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.1 )
Date: 2021/12/21 01:20
Name: Naoya Yamaguchi

Hi,

>I am using intel MKL via intel oneAPI Base Toolki, and GCC as a compiler.
`mpiicc` and `mpiifort` are commands for the Intel compilers. You need to replace them with the GCC ones if you use the GCC. And `-xHOST -ip -no-prec-div -qopenmp` are special flags for the Intel ones, and you also need to modify them for the GCC.

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ
Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.2 )
Date: 2021/12/22 18:06
Name: Gilad Gani  <giladg@campus.technion.ac.il>

Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply.

I tried to install OpenMX with intel compilers, according to the instructions here: http://www.openmx-square.org/Installation_OpenMX_WSL_EN.pdf

I used the following makefile parameters:

MKLROOT = /opt/intel/oneapi/mkl/2022.0.1/
CC = mpiicc -O3 -xHOST -ip -no-prec-div -qopenmp -I${MKLROOT}/include -I${MKLROOT}/include/fftw
FC = mpiifort -O3 -xHOST -ip -no-prec-div -qopenmp
LIB= -L${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 -lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lifcore -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ld

and I get the following error when trying to execute make all:
ld: cannot find -ld
makefile:209: recipe for target 'openmx' failed
make: *** [openmx] Error 1

what can be done?

Thank you very much,
Gilad
メンテ
Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.3 )
Date: 2021/12/22 22:50

Dear Gilad,

`-ld` should be `-ldl`. Please correct it as follows.
LIB= -L${MKLROOT}/lib/intel64 -lmkl_scalapack_lp64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -lifcore -lmkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64 -liomp5 -lpthread -lm -ldl

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ
Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.4 )
Date: 2021/12/23 00:12

Hi,

I changed the LIB to the suggested one, and now I get the following error:

during the execution of make all.

Thank you,
Gilad
メンテ
Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.5 )
Date: 2021/12/23 00:14

Dear Gilad,

Can you show the error messages before the line of `makefile:209: recipe for target 'openmx' failed`?

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ
Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.6 )
Date: 2021/12/23 00:51

Hi,

attached here the last few lines of the output of the make all:

elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0x7f6): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0x81d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0x82d): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0x835): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0x83f): undefined reference to `_gfortran_stop_numeric'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xaa7): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xace): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xbae): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xbd5): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xe92): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xeb9): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xec9): undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xed1): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write_done'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xedb): undefined reference to `_gfortran_stop_numeric'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xfb1): undefined reference to `_gfortran_st_write'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0xfd8): undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0x1002): undefined reference to `_gfortran_runtime_error'
elpa_solve_evp_complex_2stage_double_impl.F90:(.text+0x100e): undefined reference to `_gfortran_os_error'

Thank you,
Gilad
メンテ
Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.7 )
Date: 2021/12/23 01:28

Dear Gilad,

Can you try executing `make clean && make all`?
If the same error such as ```undefined reference to `_gfortran..``` remains, please tell it.

Regards,
Naoya Yamaguchi
メンテ
Re: OpenMx 3.9 installation issue ( No.8 )
Date: 2021/12/23 18:45

Dear Naoya,

It worked!

Thank you very much for all of the help!

Best regards,
Gilad Gani
メンテ

Page: [1]