This thread is locked.Only browsing is available.
Top Page > Browsing
For the K points setting using Monkhorst-Pack method, can I force the k points to include Gamma?
Date: 2015/03/24 08:04
Name: Kuan Zhou   <kzhou003@ucr.edu>

Hi,

For the K points setting using Monkhorst-Pack method, can I force the k points to include Gamma?
I knew for Quantum Espresso or VASP, they all have this setting for K points. Sometimes I need to force the kmesh in SCF to include Gamma.
And now for my band calculation of MoS2, I found for higher bands near Gamma, it is different for my results between VASP and Openmx. So I would like to try this to see if this is the reason?

Thanks very much.
メンテ
Page: [1]

Re: For the K points setting using Monkhorst-Pack method, can I force the k points to include Gamma? ( No.1 )
Date: 2015/03/24 19:55
Name: Artem Pulkin  <artem.pulkin@epfl.ch>

Use odd numbers for the K-grid. BTW, there is nothing special about Gamma point once you converged your calculation with respect to K grid size.

Artem
メンテ
Re: For the K points setting using Monkhorst-Pack method, can I force the k points to include Gamma? ( No.2 )
Date: 2015/03/26 07:28
Name: Kuan Zhou  <kzhou003@ucr.edu>

Hi
Thanks for your response. But as I know from VASP experience, for hexagonal lattice, the VASP document recommends to use Gamma centered Kmesh, isn't it?
But the thing is I did get the differences only at Gamma point. Do you have any suggestions in mind about what will cause this except for kmesh?
I am still learning, so I am not sure about these.
Thanks.
メンテ
Re: For the K points setting using Monkhorst-Pack method, can I force the k points to include Gamma? ( No.3 )
Date: 2015/03/30 17:47
Name: Artem Pulkin  <artem.pulkin@epfl.ch>

If recommended then do use. I obtained correct (up to 10meV) MoS2 band structure at 7x7 kpoints, for example.

Artem
メンテ

Page: [1]